Wednesday, May 26, 2010

VA for eight days. :)

i hate early morning flights.

As knows anyone who has been my friend or roommate for any amount of time, I become a monster if i am forced to be awake prior to 9am.
this is sometimes a shock for people, since I am usually happy and chipper. but there is something about the early a.m. hours that brings out the worst in me.
don't look at me, don't touch me, and if you talk to me, the best i'll be is unresponsive.
so, leaving my home at 430 am to catch my flight to VA was basically hell.

but today, as i flew to baltimore and then sat and waited for our flight to norfolk, i was reminded of why i've always loved airports. i love watching both the farewells and the reunions, witnessing children shouting upon sighting their grandparents in the crowd, the tearful goodbye as a parent watches their kid head off on a great adventure, the embraces exchanged between husband and wife, or sister and brother. it's real and it's raw and you're left wondering at the way that we're all living out a similar story of introductions and goodbyes, lives of transition and the struggle to hold on to what's important in the midst of a world that's everyday changing.
but enough about that. :)
i'm currently in petersburg, VA, visiting my grandfather for the last time before i depart for honduras! i'll be here 'till sunday, and am then packing up for washington, d.c., to see my best friend meggo for memorial day! in other news, i've decided that i am SO not a fan of virginia bbq. annnnnnd done.

0 comments: